· Schlötter has the capability to deliver multiple deliveries to different parts of the country on any single day as we have 4 vehicles ranging in sizes to accommodate all our customer’s needs.
· Our vehicles consist of a 16,000kg capacity curtain side Rigid truck, a 10,000kg capacity curtain side Rigid truck, a 4,500kg capacity box trailer truck and a 2,000kg transit van.
· In order to legislate for any emergencies, all vehicles are equipped with first aid kit, spill kit, road warning signs, safety PPE (safety glasses, gloves, respirator mask etc..) In addition, all vehicles are also equipped with the prescribed fire extinguishers as per ADR regulations.
· All vehicles display the ADR prescribed orange coloured plates (front and back of vehicle) when carrying chemicals.
· Schlötter carries out walk around checks on the chosen delivery vehicle before all deliveries so that we are always within the ADR regulations and to ensure the chosen vehicle is in good working order and capable of making the required delivery.
· We currently have 4 trained ADR drivers. Refresher training is required to be carried out every 5 years. All our drivers are very experienced in the chemical industry and are very knowledgeable about the goods carried and the required actions in the event of an emergency. Our drivers are regularly involved in the picking and packing of orders and this assists in ensuring that our drivers have good knowledge of goods carried.
· Our two qualified Dangerous Goods Safety Advisors (DGSA’s) on site ensure that all requirements regarding the ADR Regulations are met and good safety practices are maintained. These qualifications are renewed every 5 years